Welcome to Chez-Hicko - home of wecky scrubbers on the Net

(27) days since last major accident

What's going on here then?

What's going on here then?
This is me playing cricket for England and meeting some idiot with a biscuit tin

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Playing Cricket Again!

I'm nearing 30 now and just starting to think that I may not play cricket for England, ever. Duncan Fletcher getting the sack seems to be the final nail in the coffin! However, in my time I could bowl a fairly brisk pace and be relied upon to score between 4 - 25 runs on a regular basis. So I have decided to give it one last push and have a cricket season to remember, playing for my old team Rustons.

A few year's out of the Lincoln league scene have left me wondering whether I can still cut-it but having completed 4 net sessions, I reckon I'm getting there. Thanks to my mate Charmo turning out as well, there's a bit of impetus to get the head down and the batsmen out. First warm up 20-20 game is on Sunday 29th - so I'll keep you up to date. Unless I do really bad, in which case I'll delete this post and pretend it never happened!

No comments: